Smurfit Executive Development UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School in partnership with Bord Bia Talent Academy will deliver the Bord Bia Origin Green Ambassador Programme (MSc Business Sustainability).
Successfull candidates will undertake exciting international placements across Bord Bia's export markets where they learn how to build awareness of Irish sustainability initiatives in the market specifically with B2B customers, government and non-government agencies while gaining an internationally recognised Masters. There are up to 15 places available on this programme.
The MSc Business Sustainability is designed for individuals who come from a broad range of specialist areas and who want to develop their expertise in business sustainability in the global food, drink and horticulture industry. This full-time, highly intensive programme will challenge participants to learn and develop leadership and management competencies. We look for participants who have four/five years work experience and can demonstrate an ability to manage academic requirements along with the flexibility to relocate internationally and a passion for pursuing a career in the food, drink and horticulture industry.
In particular, this programme is suitable for:
- High achievers with the potential to be effective industry leaders
- Candidates with a genuine interest in sustainability and the food/agribusiness sector
- Experienced functional or technical specialists in transition to a change management role
- Person's with key technical skills and experience in areas such as food, agricultural, environmental, social responsibility, sustainability, science, energy, among other areas
- A strong passion for pursuing a career in the food, drink and horticulture industry
- Working-level fluency in English, Italian, French, German, Spanish, Dutch or Chinese.
The Application Journey
Applications Open: 5.00pm GMT March 15th 2023
Applications Close: Applications Closed
This is a 22-month full time MSc programme commencing 18th September 2023 - July 2025
This is full scholarship programme. All tuition fees are paid and, in addition, participants receive a tax free bursary of €32,100 per 12 months. The bursary is a conctribution to participants' basic living costs.
- Fully funded Master’s (MSc Business Sustainability) with graduate taught MSc modules. We have assembled the world’s best food industry educators from business schools including Harvard, IMD, NYU Stern and UCD Smurfit School
- Oportunity to partner with global brands in Europe, North America, and Asia including Abbott Nutrition, Coca-Cola, EPIC (Subway), Fair Oaks Farms, WWF, McDonalds, Nestlé, Pepsico, Starbucks, Unilever, the World Bank and Mars.
- Generous tax free bursary as a contribution towards living costs in addition to all tuition fees paid covered
- Laptop, flights to/from placement location and some in-market expenses will be partially covered
- An amazing career development experience with almost all Origin Green Ambassadors staying on in excellent food industry roles upon programme completion
- Membership of the Bord Bia Talent Academy Alumni Network
Professional and Career Development
Participants learn and develop across a broad range of professional competence and knowledge requirements that equip them for a future career with the Irish food industry. You will gain exciting overseas industry experience while being awarded an internationally recognised Masters. We have assembled the world’s best food industry educators from business schools including Harvard, IMD, NYU Stern, IVEY and UCD Smurfit School.
Please note that candidates who already have significantly more years previous professional experience have less opportunity to learn from the programme's activities and are encouraged to contact UCD Smurfit Executive Development to discuss other more suitable programmes. UCD and Bord Bia cannot commit to securing visas for candidates.